Welding of the brake pedal and footrest is finished. The footrest was extended 1.5 inches either side and the brake pedal was shaved on the left side and added about an inch to the right. Continue reading
Home stretch! Only need to work on the exhaust and do some machine shop work to parts that need to be cut or widened to accommodate the larger engine.
I plan to have the brake pedal cut and added so it won’t hit the crankcase.
- Good news the neutral indicator was just a straight swap from the ex3 to wave 100 gear shift.
- Here are pics of the 4 speed wave and 3 speed c70 transmission assemblies for comparison. Nearly same sizes for each.
- The bearings proved difficult to find. I needed ‘open seal’ bearings so it took two trips to buy and return them then find another. A nice old man at BRITE TOWN auto parts along Sucat helped by showing you can remove the seals and they’ll be ok. Thanks so much to the nice old man!
- Machine shop work: The smallest #6200 bearing was removed, the cylinder stud hole was re thread and the crankshaft thread was rethread. Cost P700.
- The bearings issue took so long it got late and I had to go home. Will come back Wednesday.
The thing with having a hobby is that it is very much a self – serving activity. You are not saving the world here. You are not feeding the poor, promoting world peace, curing cancer, or anything even remotely like that. You’re not even helping your bottom line. While great people are hard at work at those things, you are very much into yourself, scurrying busily away working on your stuff totally oblivious to the world around you.
Yet despite completely acknowledging all that, when I bought this thing last week:
Well, long awaited by myself mostly.
I’m a vintage scooter / motorcycle geek, and Vietnam is scooter heaven. Here I’ll compile some of the interesting ones I found during our short stay in the Old Quarters, Ha Long Bay and the trip going there.
Let’s start with the most amazing find ever, an actual ‘i never thought i’d see one in my lifetime‘, Mobylette.
Ladies and gentlemen, the parts have arrived from powder coating!
I was driving innocently along JP Rizal, Makati last Monday the 22nd, when I happened onto this: