Almost There

I’ve managed to migrate MomEx posts, which run on WordPress, to Drupal 5.9 on my test server. Whoopee!

I used WordPress Import, a pretty powerful tool which is still in development mode. On the surface it’s a straightforward process of installing the module, uploading your WordPress .wxr file and then mapping out which posts are ‘owned’ by which users (aka authors). It then transfers both posts and comments associated with it.

It becomes a hell of a lot more complicated though when your .wxr file is 17mb. like mine, and I have nearly a hundred different subscribers and authors.

Continue reading “Almost There”

I Accidentally Deleted BallEx Today

But got it up from a day old sql backup. I posted this morning but I managed to retrieve that as well by being subscribed to my own RSS feed, so it was ‘backed up’ more or less.

Can I just say, WHEEEEWWWWWWW!

What I was working on needed a new db installed and I foolishly created one that was too similarly named to ballex’s DB. I made a few mistakes installing it so I decided to scratch it and start over by deleting the DB and – guess what – I deleted ballex’s instead. I definitely heard an audible gasp for air when I realized what I did.

Continue reading “I Accidentally Deleted BallEx Today”